Friday, July 11, 2008

Maidless for more than 1 month!

The new maid still don't know when will arrive... everyone in the family is playing their role in keeping the house clean and sharing the responsibilities among each other. But pity MIL as she will do all the cooking and most of the house cleaning job as there are some which I'm not able to help with the little one inside the belly. Furthermore, i need to ensure that I take serious precaution on household chores that I'm unable to carry out.

Since this 2 weeks MIL already hurt her foot and unable to climb upstairs so often. Well, finger cross that the new maid will arrive within this few days or otherwise, MIL's situation will be even worse. Feel bad that I can't really help much! On the other hands, I'm busy to wash En En's clothes everyday, sometimes only with hands when the clothes is not many; cook her porridge almost daily and work on any type of beverages or juices in order to encourage her to eat or drink more. Quite tiring if she refuse to take in enough fluid as she still has constipation. *Sigh* Iron clothes, clean the bedroom, sometimes help to wash to bathroom but definitely not scrubbing the floor as I can't squat for a longer period, not forgetting that I still work part time 3 day per week! Life is quite rush when it's my working day. It's not easy to be a SAHM as working in a house is a never ending task!

I realized my previous maid didn't really clean the cloth diaper throughly. No wonder her cloth diapers were still with some urine smell after collected from the clothesline. I'm worry about the new maid too as these modern cloth diaper needs extra care and wash I hope she will listen to me or else I'll have earlier out of shape of damage diapers. I hope that I can wash it on my own but with a newborn coming soon... I'm doubt whether I'm able to do so?

Sometimes I wonder whether we really need a maid? It's good to have a pair of helping hands but on the other hand we got to worry this and that. Very often we heard people complaining the electricity and water bill rise up so high after having a maid or numerous damaged household utensils after the maid "help" out,... and so on. But staying in such a big family which consists of elderly and young children, a maid is a bonus to have.

3 comments:

CL said...

a maid is definitely good to have for the initial months when the new baby arrives. I think it might be stressful if there is no extra help.

Anonymous said...

Initially i seriously thought abt having a maid when i had my #2. Now, i think i will go without. I have learnt to cope without one.

If you really need one now, why don't you hire a daily part time maid until the new one comes. Takes the burden off you & your family's shoulder a bit.

And on CD, yeah I don trust anyone to do wash it but myself and hubb.

You can insists that only you put it into the washing machine, put the dtergent, wash setting etc, but ask the maid to hang it to dry or to insert. IF bb poo, then off coz ask maid to wash poo off first. That way u don have to worry abt the diapers not being clean and yet u are not spending too much time on it,

slavemom said...

Since ur MIL has hurt herself and u're vy pregnant, 1 alternative is to get a part-time maid to help out. Once a wk oso good enuff. I c ur schedule oso tired liao. If u feel vy tiring on some days, those things that can wait, will hv to wait. Take care!