Thursday, December 31, 2009
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Amazingly, my 13 months old boy is able to play slide on his own! Super kid!!!
Today discovered another milestone as he's able to come down from the stairs by putting his legs down (rear facing) steps by steps. Yippee!!! Zheng was screaming whenever he wants to come down from upstairs as he was afraid to come down on his own. He is brave now.
Weight: Think he grows abit flesh as can see the tummy obviously from side... LOL!
Height: Unsure as no measurement taken
This little boy has snack throughout the day! He doesn't take more than 3oz of formula milk per day but loves Milo and yoghurt drinks alot.
Porridge for lunch and dinner (even the same for En En!), biscuits or cookies or bread in between meal. Sometimes, he will eat apple, orange, papaya and pineapple at late afternoon. As long as he's awake, he will munch on food! Specially in love with crunchy food maybe he loves the crunches sound that he makes when biting...
He still snack on McB througout the day except that it's lesser at daytime but can't live without McB if it's nap time and at night.
Discovered some new words from this little boy lately:
"wow! Wow!" - mimic the dog's barking and the way he says dog
"b-yau" - bu yao in mandarin (means don't want)
Overall, he speaks late compare to En En but achieved way too fast on other motor skills. He mimics or follows whatever En En is doing or saying almost IMMEDIATELY and learn very fast.
- Strong determination (Never give up easily and will do whatever he can to get what he wants)
- Bad temper in wanting everything to be done quick
- Tough and rough (imagine he's able to mix in and pay with kids that are En En's age or older)
- Happy baby (always smile with anyone even stranger)
- Food lover (as long as not mushy and yucky type of food)
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Mummy attended the class with her (yes, inside the classroom!) from 9.30am (well, it started at 9.am sharp) till 12 noon. From reluctant to join on first day, she was slowly enjoying the activities in class. Lots of movement with playing while learning is what mummy loves about this center. It's run by an Australian mama whom mummy knew from the Penang babywearing group!
Mummy joined En En in the class sicne she's too shy and timid to mix with her peers. She even zipped her mouth and looked away while others were singing or the teacher was asking her a question. Even so, mummy noticed En En in fact was observing her surrounding and whatever that was happening. So far, we created sea creatures with Play-Doh, did colouring. writing, singing with movements, counting with coloured figurines and crayons,... and there are lots of story books displayed in the classroom which teacher will ask the students who completed their writing or colouring work to grab one while waiting for others to finish.
We attended the trial class and after discussed with daddy, we decided to enrol En En for the last 2 weeks of the month before the school holiday starts since she started to show her interest. Then on January 2010, En En will be officially going to school!
Friday, November 6, 2009
- Discovered more white hair lately maybe due to sleep at early morning... like 2am or sometimes 4am?? This is really crazy...
- No reduction on body fat from the body as the reading from weighing scale never drops since a few months ago... so sad...
- Never stop knitting... the BIGGEST addiction at the moment... Current projects are:
1. A crocheted shrug for aunty Jesslyn (hey, you still own me the yarn shipping fees ya if you read this)
2. A baby jacket BUT not for Zheng... maybe one of the blogger mummies in PENANG who's going to pop by the end of this year... hehe... guess who's the lucky one...
Thinking to start:-
- A lace scarf
- Another pair of wool longies
- Mini felted wool bag
- A shrug for mummy
- A cardigan or bolero
- Will start to do some baking as Zheng is exploring different texture of food now...
- No more red patches or the so called allergy reaction since August. Glad to see that she's growing taller and taller each day...
- She calls herself with her name with surname together. NO MORE referring to herself as "BABY"! A big leap in her milestone achievement.
- She will ask us where we go when we go out, what is this and that, use lots of imaginary stories to tell us what she's playing on her own. She's like pretending staying in the Hundred Acre Wood with her Pooh bear, Piglet, Tigger,... never stop to ask us to act as one of the characters from Winnie the Pooh's scenes.
- She still love to watch TV most of the time... still cry out loud when anyone is trying to switch channel from her favoutrite PHDC. Weird enough, she loves to watch Planet Earth, the documentary film downloaded by daddy.
- She adores Zheng very much and always hug him, giggles together and invites di di to play chasing together. When in bad mood, she will trip his leg while di di is walking or push him to make him fall down. Sibling rivalry huh...
- Since both of them love watching TV, being a big sister she will hug Di Di from back and pull him down together to sit on the floor whenever she saw Zheng is standing right in front of the TV. Well, not really to take care of the little one but afraid Di Di to switch off the TV!!!
- He started to eat rice or lunch and dinner since yesterday. He hates porridge, oat,... anything too watery and too soft... he spits out them when the food just touches his mouth. The only probelm is he has only 4 teeth, how to munch on adult food?
- He is one noisy baby... he even speaks loudly in dream! He will shouts or scream to get what he wants. If we ignore him, he won't stop making noise untill is given something (to distract him).
- He will follow whoever that change into outing clothes and he will be standing at the door for kai-kai. If someone is outside the house, he sure wants to go out and start to make noise in order to let us know what he wants. He will stop the noise when we come inside the house.
- Was surprise with his vocab ability. We thought he will be late in developing his ability to speak since his motor skills developed way too early than normal baby.
He speaks very well when calling:
"teh-tei" - Jie Jie (sister, pronounce this word since he was 6-7 months old)
"ge-ge" - elder brother
"Pa-pa" - daddy
"Ma-ma" - mummy
"Mah / Ah Mah" - grandma
"Ele" - Elephant
"Mum-mum" - wants food
"na-na" - take /give
"dai-dai" - "kai kai"
"ishhh..." - fish
- Still a breastfeed little boy, more like for comfort or when fussy. He still nurse to sleep but we are trying to break this habit. There were a few times in which he's over tired and he was able to fall aslpeep without suckle BUT he still want mummy's body warmth. He will toss and turn on, against, besides mummy's before he sleeps. In short, he wants to SMELL mummy...
Saturday, October 31, 2009
The day before the celebration, mummy made this... guess what it is?
The traditional way to tell it's a birhtday party... LOL
Oh... mummy thought of ordering cupcakes but after thinking twice, being in an extremely health concious and picky food eaters family... probably will get bad comments such as "Sugar coated, bad for the body", "Too expensive just for the decoration", "Not even delicious as our homemade", "Not worth since small portion", "So waste as no one is going to eat sugar cupcakes"... stick to the old fashion is still the evergreen solution... haha!
Zheng couldn't wait for the photo sessions and was fussy standing in front of the cake too long. En En on the other hands showed her jealousy by not joining in the birthday song singing session and the photo session. She was sitting aside from all of us even we asked her to join. NO smiles from her face at all!!!
Zheng starts to show his mischiveous and stubborn personality. En En already knows how to make decision on her own as she refuse to go out with us even we told her we are going to shopping. She rather stay at home watch cartoon! Weird, weird... Zheng took over her place as he will stand in front of you if he sees you dress up and anyone who goes open the door.
Hope time will stay so that they don't grow so fast, huh?
Monday, October 19, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
The "I don't want" stage:-
1. I don't want to sit in the car seat
2. I don't want to sit in the cart when buying groceries in TESCO or Cold Storage
3. I don't want to sleep
4. I don't want to wear dress or skirt (headache as she out grown them so fast)
5. I don't want to watch this programme
6. I don't want to eat (porridge)
7. I don't want to drink milk (but mix with MILO is fine)
8. I don't want to stay in a room with DiDi alone
9. I don't want to accept anyone say I'm pretty in what I wear
10. I don't want!!! (to listen to any command that I don't like)
Lately, she loves to eat Marie biscuits, cheese, Yakult, prune juice, Calci-yum and fried anchovies with porridge. She still refuse to eat rice, always request to have noodles when eating out. Because she dislike vegetable, we need to cook them in porridge in order to give her a balance diet. Don't really understand why she reject fruits at all (except apples) as she never willing to taste any of them too.
She takes milk (with MILO) at least 3-4 times per day. 8-9oz each... Wondering whether she still need so much? Can't let go of milk bottle yet...
Conclusion: En En is a fussy and picky eater.
She is still having constipation problems. Good news is she's totally potty train, even for night! Bravo! No more diapers...
She is a sensitive person. She needs attention most of the time and will cry it out loud when she realized no one is in the room when she wakes up from sleep or nap. Call it a bad habit or perhaps it's her need for comfort since she was an infant. Ah Mah gives her all the attention she needs even till today and she still call herself as baby *slap head*
She adores her little brother but she has mood swing. Some day she will hug and cuddle Di Di but sometimes she will kick and push Di Di away and curl up in Ah Mah's arm. That's the time she refuse mummy too. Maybe that is the cause of jealousy especially when she see mummy is with Di Di 24x7, moreover Di Di still suck McB. She pretend to suck McB too but when she's with Ah Mah...
Lately, she prefers to go "kai-kai" and will ask us almost everyday after bath "Where are we going?" Her favourite spots include:-
1) Youth Park to play slide, swing and see-saw
2) Gurney Plaza - Toy "R" Us, Popular bookstore
3) Any new places with big space for her to run and jump!
Guess she's boring to stay at home nowadays. So, it's time or nursery school hunting!
Dear En En,
Just hope that you know mummy, daddy and Di Di adores you alot! We are always there for you and we love you very very much!
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
He walks very steady and confident now, stepping on or over anything under his heels. Therefore, this is the reason he will fall down but this little guy is too tough as he never cry after he fell down or bang his head accidentally on wall or table. Scary boy... As a result we always discover he has bruises and cut all over his limbs but have no idea when it had happened. Another big headache for mummy and daddy...
He was eating like a bliss when we first introduced solid food to him but now... he has turned into a little monster whenever it's meal time. He spits the food out when he doesn't like it especially after he feels abit full. Fuss over in the high chair and never eat properly like before. He likes to snatch people's food, bowl or spoon whenever he sees anyone is having meal within his reach.
He still poo poo whenever he feels it's coming... which has no expression on the face! He doesn't know how to let us know too. He refuse to do big business in a potty as he will protest by screaming loudly as much as possible whenever mummy put him on potty. As a result, we always have to clean him and the soiled diaper too. Suddenly mummy feels that potty training is still very far from us...
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Mummy knitted an elephant toy for En En, she loves it! Mummy is so happy since this is the first handmade toy for En En. She even requested mummy to make one for Di Di and she selected Red colour for the little brother. Oh... she's such a loving sister.
So, this is a pair of elephant for Jie Jie and Di Di! En En calls hers as Yellow Elephant and Di Di's elephant as Di Di's... so simple only! LOL...
Below this one is a long queue project in mummy's knitting list... recall from this post. Mummy finished the top knitted part for 5 months but only manage to get Po Po's help to sew the dress during last month's visit back to mummy's hometown.
Isn't it lovely? Too bad En En refuse to wear it and she said because can see armpit... *slap head*