Saturday, December 15, 2007
19 Months Old
Today marks that En En reached 19 months old. She's picking up vocab and words very fast now. She mimics our pronunciation very much regardless it's in Mandarin, English or Malay. She gets almost 70-90% accurate.
Height : almost the same as previous month
Weight : 11kg (no increment)
Teeth : 16 with some still sprouting halfway
Bowel movement issues:
Serious constipation everyday. We are giving her oral solution to ease her bowel movement as the solution will help to soften and retain moisture of the stool. as long as we skip one day without solution she won't have the urge to do her big business. Temporarily have to use this solution besides looking for anymore ideas to encourage her to take more fluid!
Basically the same and she started to take cauliflower, bayam, bak choy,... more fiber to help her bowel movement.
She still have night feeding depending on her sleep time interval. Mummy has to calulate after 6 hours after she doozed off, it's time to feed her 4 oz milk. If En En doesn't make noise or sleep like a log then no need.
Words that she can speak and able to identify (the item):
van - van
air-plane - aeroplane
boat - boat
shhee - ship
ehh-con - air conditioner
ku4 - pants iin mandarin
yi1 - shirts or blouse in mandarin
shui3 - water in mandarin
"pot-pot" - girl's private part
i-ta - guitar
bib - bib
ba-tup - bathtub
egg - egg
o-ttie - potty
che-air - chair
hw-ing - swing
tree - tree
hua - flower in mandarin
mamiee is mummy and papa now becomes papi!!!
En En tries to mimic what we tell her again when we ask her to say it out loud. words that consists of 2 to 3 parts of different vowel is still difficult for her to say one shot. For example when we said flower, she only manage to said "-Wer".
1) able to push the little stool to the door, snapped or bugged us to get the door key, climb up the stool and use to key for attempting to escape from the house.
2) no more bathtub for her bath since she will lay egg in the bathtub not willing to get up till she or us empty the water in the bathtub. There was one day she asked Ah Mah "ba-tup bu4 yao4 ah?" (No need to use bathtub in mandarin)
She misses the baby bathtub.
3) able to drink from cup very steady now provided the water in the cup is not full.
4) knows to feel shame and get angry if we tease her when she's wihout a diaper or clothes.
5) understand that when going out from the house need to wear shoes. She will quickly take her shoes and ask us to wear for her after she fails to wear on her own.
6) if she doesn't want to drink water or read that particular book she will place back to their original place. Book in bookshelf and bottle goes back to table.
7) mummy only brought en en to the pool once and she remembers it until today. Whenever she see the sea or a pool she will shout:"Miee... pom pom (means swimimng for baby talk)!" She is waiting for a day that I will bring her to the pool again.