Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Trial Knitting

Started to learn knitting, well actually I shall say to have a feel of knitting yesterday. Able to took out some yarn last purchased for crochet project (but never really try any ~bleh~) and knitting needles from MIL's sewing supplies box.

Observed and tried for so many times and I'm still holding the two needles at the same place even I tried to knit and purl. There is no picture to show in this blog beause if have I have the pictures, it is also unable to tell which one is before and after. As to me before and after knit and purl, the yarn still stayed at the same place! Ha! Who says knitting is an easy work?? MIL asked me to learn on how to hold the knitting needle correctly first. In fact, I'm still unsure what is knit and what is purl. Saw MIL doing quite fast and even she slowed down to demonstrate, I also can't get any idea yet. I'm confuse when the yarn hook over the needle and was wonder where the yarn tied up at the end??

Need to get the illustrated pictures to have a close look on the basic knit and purl though. I did and downloaded a few knitting step-by-step as reference. Browsed through a few free patterns and they just look simply nice. Hmm... I'm thinking if I can master this skill and crocheting too, am I doing any good towards a frugal living??

4 comments:

slavemom said...

I dunno abt u... but it'd be vy difficult to follow from printouts for me. Why not ask ur MIL to teach u slowly? Like doing it slow motion, step-by-step?

michelle@mybabybay said...

I want to do knitting too but where got time. I know the basic of knitting and crochet but cannot remember now. I did it when I was in school.

Peridot&Sapphire said...

slavemom: yup, only if MIL show me slowly like snail then only I can see it... duh...

michelle: I don't do PPP mah.... haha! It's true since we are FTWM, to find time for hobbies is really a great challenge.

Anonymous said...

go visit knittinghelp.com. There are knitting videos that can help.