Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Tag: Food Around the World


Penang Hokkien Mee


I got tagged!!! What the games like? Well, I'll try to reply on this tag by Sandra.

The topic is about food... well, there are too many foods to choose from if you are staying in Penang - the Heaven of Food in Malaysia! There are many types of dishes available in Penang be it Chinese, Malay, Nyonya, Thai, Japanese, Indian,... you name it but of course the most popular is the hawker food. Once you are in Penang, you don't have to worry about food as they are everywhere and within reach.

I choose Penang typical Hokkien Mee, it's a chinese dish and it represents Penang coz origin from here. It is a soup noodle (cooked yellow noodles and vermicelli), I trid to eat without the yellow noodle but it didn't taste as good as eating together with the yellow noodle. Love the hot soup with chilli and top with shrimp, bean sprouts (I love to ask for more veggies), water-convolvulus, hard boiled eggs, sliced lean pork, and a little bit of fried onions and so yummy even with the smell!

I seldom take outside food now coz need to promote balance and healthy diet at home. But when I feel like want to give a twist to my normal meal, I'm sure I'll find Hokkien Mee is always one from my list.

Ok, I'm not going to tag anyone since this tag is been around for quite some times and most people already replied.

*********************************************************
Proposition: What is your favorite food in your state or country?
Requirements: Find some info about the food and show delicious pictures of it?
Quantity: FIVE PEOPLE.
Tag Mode: You leave their blog and post link and add to the list below.

No comments: