Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Nursery Rhymes

Pussy cat, pussy cat, where have you been
(En En gave me a wide smile once I started singing)
I've been up to London to look at the queen
Pussy cat, pussy cat, what did you there
(En En started to look at the picture for the cat)
I frightened a little mouse under her chair
(En En laughed with her cute dimple showing on her face)

It is always be my wish to sing rhymes for my kid and most of the rhyme I still able to remember since childhood. I guess my mum did the same to me and also from my memory when I was attending music school at young age.
I found this big Nursery Rhymes card board in Popular bookstore 3 weeks ago and without a second thought, quickly paid for it. I did buy books for Good Night Stories and nursery rhymes to read for En En but she is not so interested to sit quietly together with me. She prefers to crawl up to my bed then down to the floor. Up and down and up and down till she's tired enough to sleep.
This big illustrated nursery rhyme pasted on the cupboard door by daddy and En En was delighted to look at it and will sing by herself.
There are 9 rhymes in total and every time I sing to her I'll use my finger to point on the words and most of the time En En will follow my finger and recognize the picture of the rhyme. When my MIL sing to her Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, she will quickly turn to the cupboard and look for the picture. Most of the time, she's able to identify which rhyme belongs to which picture. She even can do Twinkle, twinkle little star since 8 months old with both hand by grabbing and releasing her five fingers together. What an achievement!

2 comments:

jazzmint said...

wah she's very clever, 8 months can do the twinkle lil star action.

my boy can't do any action, but when we on the wheels on the bus, his eyes glue to the tv

Peridot&Sapphire said...

En En has a very good fingering action when she's 6 months old. She used to roll the wheel of her toy truck with her second finger. I believe in practise make perfect but must be patient and repeating to teach her the same action everyday till she can master it.