Friday, September 21, 2007

Knitting Progress

I feel like crying already... I'm still so far away from completing my wool soaker. Think probably I will ban myself from writing blogs for 2 weeks! Even MIL also said I'll complete that in a year with current progress... *Sigh*

It's not easy to do this needlework, lots of patient and time required. I started a few rounds of knit and purl but oming to the next row only reliazed I made mistake. So, gotto undo and redo again... that took me 2 hours to knit back again. What to do, new beginner is like that...

Think I got to be more disciplin and determine to get my project done as soon as possible. En En is growing everyday, got to make sure the measurement still fit her after I complete... haha!

8 comments:

Wen said...

as long u dont get stress out doing it, that will be fine lor.. knit bigger size to be safe. is it easy to knit ah? i thot of knitting before but our weather is so hot, how to wear ah..

slavemom said...

Knitting is supposed to be a fun hobby. Dun be so stressed up. As u're still a beginner, give urself more time for trial n error.

Anonymous said...

I have a tag for you!

http://www.ramblingmoo.com/?p=1152

bZbee said...

keep knitting..kep knittng..dont gv up..show us ur finished product in ur blog..oh yeah!!

hip-O-mama said...

Sharine..u're so rajin. I tried crochet (baby blanket) when I was pregnant with my dd, till now i havent managed to finish it hik hik.

bZbee said...

hihi..so funny u bitterlysweet..my cross stitch since like 10yrs ago...i think it turn yellowish now...only need at least 20% more to complete, then i found pout that the DMC threads no stock..so malas to continue...

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

i admire you for even starting to knit!! actually, i don't even know how to sew a button properly *guilt*

Peridot&Sapphire said...

wen & slavemom:
thanks... ok, I don't stress myself out. There are cotton blends yarn for summer wear which is very suitable for tropical countries like ours. And it's not necessary to knit garment, you can knit other household stuff too.

angeleyes: thanks for the tag... will try to do it in these few days.

miranda & bitterlysweet:
wah! Cross-stitch and crochet! I know abit about crochet and cross stitch too but never finish one whole project on my own. So embarass... my MIL knows these too, she's a superwoman to me.

bryan's mama:
I also don't know how to sew a proper button but that doesn't mean you can't knit!