Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Stroller Free Day!

Saw lots of toddler nowadays still like to sit in stroller. For safety sake, I can understand it's better than a toddler running wildly in the mall. The one I can't really tolerate is a 4 or 5 years old still in a stroller!!! That's ridiculous to me... no offend to other parent coz you may have your reasons for big kid to stay in stroller but not me!

Perhaps the stroller is too small or the toddler is too big. I can see one thing that promote on the kid is laziness plus enjoying as a big baby... LOL! That's pamper...

En En now go out with us without stroller. Stroller was a helper before she can walk but now is a burden for me. Imagine I still need to carry her bottles, bibs, milk powder, diapers/nappy, wipes, etc... in a super huge bag. I wish to reduce on something else and it got to be the stroller. Then, must be tired of carrying her, right? Let her walk!!! That's how she got to burn her energy and build up her leg's strength and stamina. I encourage her to walk more and move freely than sitting quietly in the stroller. I just love to see little one moving about everywhere. Mummy or daddy will have to keep an eye of her as she loves to walk to anywhere... especially following other little children she saw.

What if she nags and throw tantrum? Then got to hug her and carry her for a while... after that put her down slowly when she forgot. Sometimes, she just lifts her leg up protesting and doesn't want to get down on the floor! Well, I still try to put her down and most of the time... hehe... mummy won! LOL Moments like this makes me think of investing in wrap or baby pouch so that I can just hang on the body and still hands-free!!

8 comments:

LHS said...

read your comment in michelle's blog, you can check your pagerank here - http://digpagerank.com/

i still let my Jo sit in stroller, maybe i should say, let him to sleep in stroller whenever we go to HK.

Unknown said...

I never used stroller for all my kids. They are always hanging in a sling. But they all learn to walk very quickly. My girl walked when she was 9 months. My boy when he was about 10 1/2 months. Now my baby coming to 10 months also walking already. I vote for the sling!

Peridot&Sapphire said...

huisia:
thanks for the link, will check it out later! Yup, I think mostly parent need stroller for the little one to sleep BuT not en en! She never sleep in stroller even once!! That was even when she's just 5 months old, she just opened her eyes big even her eyes were red. Very outgoing type baby...

Lian: Is that really the goodness of a sling? Can teach me what to look for when buying a good sling?

jazzmint said...

i think when younger, i prefer to have stroller.....esp when they just start to walk. but if older, no need lor, just make sure hold their hands properly.

michelle@mybabybay said...

Emily still like to sit on the stroller when we shop. It is better for me to let her use the stroller so that I can shop peacefully. With the stroller I feel more secure in a crowded place.

slavemom said...

CE oso dislikes to be in the stroller. But I'd rather carry him (well, most of the time Kakak's the one carrying him) coz he'll be going in all directions if I let him walk on his own.

Peridot&Sapphire said...

jazzmint: yup, that's it!

mybabybay: provided she can stay on the stroller when we shop. I also hope that en en will sit stil in the stroller when I shop but it just never happen.

slavemom: same case with my girl about going anywhere and love to walk on her own... proof that they are active baby! :)

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

now i also seldom bring the stroller out unless we got out during his nap times then he can sleep in it. otherwise bryan refuses to sit in it. he just loves running everywhere.